Skip to main content

What Helps You With Content Creation?

 

Carrot and the Stick

It's not about what you do online, but who you know, or more specifically who you help build something big.

Now that we've cleared that up, I think it's time to dig deeper.  One of the channels that Roy Marko publishes content on he has about 3,000 subscribers and the other over 4,000.  Sounds amazing doesn't it? Lots of followers and a lot of views right? Wrong.  The truth is that you can have a million subscribers but that means absolutely nothing if there is no content.

At least if you want things such as: a business, money, loyalty from followers or memberships.  If you are on YouTube you need 4,000 hours of watch time in a 12 month cycle to earn income.  On tik tok, it's followers.  Each place you use as a content creator has its own rules.

Content creation.  Now, that's the key.

This becomes the carrot and the stick challenge, you see without some type of incentive, you will not keep going.  Sure you might make a few videos, maybe a couple things and hope for the best and even if you have a "viral" video you might get to whatever level each place wants you to get to there is always more to do.

What helps you with content creation?

Lower your expectations.

I know, you are probably thinking I've gone for a nice walk around the bend, here's the thing: you give yourself permission to start somewhere and you can celebrate something small.  Hey, youtube just made enough to get a coffee, or you posted something somewhere once a week.

Don't expect a thousand followers in a week, and don't expect to be the next big guy.  The next big guy in the place you are doing your content creation was where you were a long time ago and it boils down to some planning.  I also believe it comes down to realistic expectations at the moment.

I'm not saying that in five years you won't become wealthy, or be recognized on the street, but you will have made it.  The lower expectations helped.

Time is your friend and so is good content

I wouldn't be too surprised if after a couple of years of slow and steady and consistently producing and learning from your mistakes that there will be some type of success.  I won't suggest that it'll be huge, but you can at least say you've done something.

By good content, if you are posting once a week, maybe take a bit of time to establish yourself with other content creators who produce similar content such as yours and comment on their videos or other content.  Not only is it a boost in the arm for them, but once a relationship is established, others might come to your stuff to see what you have.  Is it easy? No, but it is worth it.


Own it, It's yours.

This last point is, in my mind, is the most critical.  Owning you.  Take a writing career for example, if you have a job (and most people do) that means you have less time to write, that doesn't make it an excuse to not get something up.  It means that your expectations are that you have to write and plan on breaks and other times you will have to give up say: movies, nights out or whatever to get that chapter written or the blog post done.  One of the YouTube channels Roy Marko has is on cars, the other on scale models, the same holds true, what has to be "tossed" to the side to make this happen?

If you can't own the fact you have a side hustle or even a somewhat paying hobby, you will be hard pressed to get things done in the way you planned, and the temptation will be that you will try to make it "prefect" or stay someone was holding you back or you feel that you are't getting to those big goals so it's not really your fault.


The thing about content creation isn't about what you want, rather what works for your subscribers, or fans, or members or whatever.  One content creator put it best when he said "I don't like doing the things I do, but at this point the people are asking for that, and I can't say no to them, they are my bread and butter.  One day I'll do my dream, but until then, it's not about me."  He's not wrong, if you're doing content creation, no matter what you put out if people know about it, people will come over time, be willing to own it from there.


The carrot is whatever you make it, the stick is more what the numbers, and your followers like for your business.

Don't forget to see the last post.  That is one which links to the Marko Custom Build YouTube channel.

Roy Marko
Roy Marko's Garage



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living A Life of Writing Blog Intro- A Blog Post.

Something I began a while back.... something that is bringing back a bit of joy, and maybe I'll start vlogging more. Let me know what you think. Blessings to you, and keep up the positive and active life.

Hope or Not Hope? (Or the Law of Attraction)

I'll admit until a few months I was a very negative and pessimistic person.  I'd argue that anyone who self-harms or has a negative outlook on life is a lot like that.  You don't think that you are being negative, rather you believe, deep down you are being realistic.  You don't dare think that what you are doing from day to day matters, but you do it, because it's habit. Then something gets you down, and you just want to start all over again.  Trouble is you start and you are still in a bad place. You want to be at point a, b, c, and e already and you are still stuck on "-A."  You want to show the world that you have improved and accomplished something of value, and you want to be there to show... come hell or high water, but darn it all, you can't.  You can't believe in yourself, and you are surrounded by challenges you don't want, and believe you don't need. You have no more hope. Should you hope? I feel that, in a way it can b

First, Forgive

First, Forgive I've made mistakes.  I've done things which probably should be done.  I've ranted, I've raved, I've pushed too hard, or too little.  I've grown, I've fallen back, I've stopped, and started. I can't be human without making mistakes, and I can't be me without my hangups and challenges.  Or can I be more than the sum of my broken parts? Can I be the one who can take where I am right now and grow from there?  Is there a way I can change who I am, my past and my future? This is where I have my hangup, I understand in words at least that my past is my past and my future is not yet determined, but I am unable to remain in the present.  Because I am creative, or because I can't stay in the present moment, I have a choice.  In this stage of my life I've learned that my choices have always been there, but the element I was missing was forgiveness. For myself, from myself. Forgiveness is a powerful weapon.  You can tell s